mandag den 14. april 2014

Ear Doctor's perspective

Today I went to check my hearing and ears. The doctor removed some black, hardened ear wax from really far inside my ear. I told him about hearing my heartbeat while I had the test headphones on, the gushing sound was louder than the programmed beeps. I told him that I some nights have felt my blood pressure in my fingers and toes.

He was surprised the wax could be so close to my ear drum, and that it was so hardened. His answer to the blood pressure issue was to get it checked and that he also "sometimes felt it in his thumb, if he pressed it against a table". In response to the heartbeat-sounds, he answered that I should pay less attention, that it could feel intensified by attention alone.

I don't buy that bullshit by the way. But he's hurried, and he has no data on the wider system that my body is. His attention was on the noise, not mine.

For the record, his tools caused bleeding in my right ear. It would be ironic if that causes an infection. I highly doubt it was sterile. Not expecting it, but I record it since I want to be able to shove people's incompetence back into their face if it has consequences for me. Remember to always document things. Any possible cause of something, document it, and you will be the smart one. I took a picture of some bloody paper as I returned home. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar