lørdag den 19. oktober 2013

Return of the bloody mucus / De blodige slimhinder vender tilbage

Two days ago, my biological father drove me to his home to get some help on cosmetic improvements of his bathroom. He is a smoker and recently used turpentine on a wall, so in some rooms, the air was not very healthy.

Thursday night, we went to a chinese restaurant where I ate things I considered moderately safe. Duck, chicken, rice, vegetables, soy sauce, sushi, fried shrimps.

Friday I had some bread (containing sugar, gluten and yeast) for the first time since the last visit in august. For dinner we had chicken and potatoes and brocolli and tomato and a few other vegetables, fried in animal fat.

Thursday and friday passed by pretty harmlessly, but today, saturday, I woke up with blood in my spit!

If I go back and examine the other time this happened, I'm sure it was after the other visit to his place, in august. Pretty damning pattern. Something there makes this happen.

I confronted him about his insistence to not let me buy myself quinoa for breakfast. He remained steadfast that I should test the consequences by 'doing what I can get away with'. I really don't share this philosophy, and I believe in protecting myself by observing consequences from other people. There are thousands who have been helped by cutting gluten, sugar, dairy from their diet. And the reasoning behind their betterment looks sane to me. We need to respect the body as a complex system. It's an environment in balance, just like the external environment. We can protect it and be careful, or we can test its limits. For decades, modernity has tested the external environment's limits by the "what we can get away with" method. It has put us in a very vulnerable position. My biological father puts himself on the shoulders of this line of thinking. I don't even have to attack him or judge him.

He himself attacks me from a position that is evidently harmful if not isolated and excluded.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar